Improving communication between departments as well as fostering small team working.
Arena Structures approached us to solve some problems posed by their current office layout.
They wanted to encourage better intra-departmental communication. As it stood key departments were very separated physically within their office which proved to be a real blocker to great communication.
The brief also extended to creating six distinct areas in which project teams could effectively work together with a degree of privacy without being cut off from other teams within the space.
As part of the office re-organisation it was also required to update the Reception area to bring it into line with their strong corporate image, provide a Directors suite and create offices for the Operations Team to use but which must have direct access to the warehouse.
- The Solution:
- Create a new canteen area which staff will be keen to use to promote communication between Teams
- 6 Project Team areas which feel connected to each other whilst providing some amount of privacy for each by creating pods of desks separated by demountable partitioning and on brand, orange, desk screens
- Directors suite including Conferencing and tea facilities for visitors
- Reception Area in line with the company’s corporate image
- Operations Team office which must have access to the Warehouse
- Works designed and delivered:
- Cladding of walls
- Suspended ceilings
- Carpet, vinyl flooring and ceramic tiled floors
- Glazed and solid partitions
- Staff Toilets
- Canteen for all staff
- Data cabling
- Electrical requirements
- Conference facility
- Reception Area
- Provide a modern furniture solution
- Full heating, air conditioning and ventilation solution throughout
- Fire Alarm to current regulations and to comply with the Company’s insurance
- Access control system