Cambridge Education Group had taken up a lease in new premises in Hills Road, Cambridge, moving away from the WeWork Office that they had previously used. The new premises had previously won design awards so the client wanted the furniture design and layout to be very modern and in keeping with the 8,000sq ft space, ensuring that the 120 staff were excited about the move.
From a layout standpoint we had to factor the following into the design of the space:
- Large communal break out area for staff to encourage them to get together in a less formal setting
- Various meeting spaces for staff and visitors with good acoustic isolation for privacy and AV solutions in the larger rooms for Conference calls/presentations
- Additional WC’s as there was insufficient for the number of staff proposed
Working to a tight budget meant that we focused on sourcing and proposing furniture and fittings that delivered a high end look for a more modest price tag.
Works we project managed and carried out:
- Office Layout & Design
- Electrical works including data cabling and power to serve the desk positions
- Installation of new WC block
- Installation of Kitchen and Breakout Area
- Decoration works
- New and replacement flooring
- Liaison with Building Control to ensure compliance