This fast-growing company were relocating their business from Harston to Swavesey, near Cambridge with a requirement to fit-out their new offices and laboratory space. Their desire was to achieve a modern, practical environment for their staff and visitors alike making best possible use of all the space available.
To refurbish and fit-out the existing industrial unit to create a modern working environment for office, manufacturing and laboratory work spaces.
Strip out of the existing ceiling, partitions and carpets and removal of some block-work.
Installation of a mezzanine floor and staircase to double the available space and create first floor office and meeting room space, allowing the manufacturing, laboratory and other services to be located on the ground floor.
- Installation of suspended ceilings throughout to allow services to be obscured above and reduce the amount of space available which would require heating.
- New partitions to create cellular offices and a meeting/board room.
- Creation of a Break-Out area with kitchenette.
- Carpet and commercial vinyl flooring on both floors.
- Installation of data and electrical services including lighting.
- New ventilation to comply with Building Regulations and create a healthy working environment.
- Plumbing works including a new heating system and First Floor WC’s. Complete decoration of the new premises.